What’s new with Viber Games? It has a new feature that allows users to play against their Viber friends and games from Storm8 and Playtika gets exclusive Viber content.
A leading Over-The-Top (OTT) mobile communications platform, Viber is offering free messaging, HD-quality phone and video calls.
The company recently launched Viber Games, a major expansion to the app.
Viber said it has partnered with leading game developers to bring unique gaming experiences to the platform featuring Viber characters and exclusive content. Initially released in Belarus, Malaysia, Israel, Singapore and the Ukraine late last year, Viber Games is now available worldwide.
The launch line-up features Viber Candy Mania and Viber Pop from leading mobile game network Storm8 and Wild Luck Casino from leading casual games developer, Playtika. The games were built using a new private API that allows users to sign in with their Viber ID to connect with their friends and contacts on Viber, send them gifts and brag about their achievements. Additionally, users will be able to send game invites via Viber, and see what games their friends are currently playing.
Games will take on the Viber brand look and feel, and feature many of the characters that have already become popular staples of Viber’s Sticker Market. The games will be promoted in the Games section on Viber and will be free to download via Google Play and the App Store. Access to additional features will be available via in-app purchases.
“Viber Games is the latest feature in our ongoing enhancement of the Viber platform,” said Michael Shmilov, Viber’s COO. “Whether users are bragging about their achievements, sending gifts or simply checking out what their friends are playing, Viber Games is another engaging way for people to connect within the app.”
“As a pioneering leader in mobile social games, we’re committed to partnering with companies that expand our reach and provide innovative player experiences,” said Terence Fung, Storm8 Chief Strategy Officer. “We’re delighted to be a launch partner for Viber Games, debuting two new Storm8 titles that bring to life Viber’s popular characters and offer a new level of social interaction among friends.”
“This partnership opens up a new channel for Playtika to introduce our world-renowned social slots to Viber users via a new game we developed specifically forViber – Wild Luck Casino,” said Elad Kushnir, VP of Business Development at Playtika. “We are excited to take advantage of Viber’s existing communication channels to add another layer to the game experience.”
Three games are currently available, with more to follow in the coming months:
- Viber Candy Mania by Storm8 – Gamers sweeten their day with this new game. They can follow popular sticker characters Violet and Legcat through the levels, as they match and collect candies in this sugar-filled puzzle adventure.
- Viber Pop by Storm8 – The best bubble puzzle adventure game yet, according to Viber. Gamers are tasked to defeat the Evil Bubble Wizard and rescue little buddies. And, for the first time ever, they can play with their favorite character, Legcat.
- Wild Luck Casino by Playtika – From the makers of Slotomania, an authentic slots experience is at gamers’ fingertips with an exciting range of games to choose from. Gamers can play with their friends to win free coins and prizes, then share the good vibes by sending gifts.
Viber Games Features include:
- Gift sending: Users can send gifts to their friends; They can receive rewards for the more gifts they send.
- Leaderboards: Users can see how their scores stack up versus their friends.
- Invite friends: Users can Invite their friends to download the games to play with them.
- Bragging: Users can tell their friends when they beat their high scores
- Friend progression: Users can see what levels their friends have reached in the game
- Users can also see what games their friends are currently playing.
More information and updates on Viber Philippines are available are available at http://www.facebook.com/viberph. Viber Philippines is on Twitter and Instagram at www.twitter.com/viberph, and www.instagram.com/viberph. (techTV.ph)