By: MJ Gonzales |Gogagah
While we’re waiting when the baby face heartthrob Aga Muhlach will end his showbiz hiatus, let’s reminisce the fun and interesting things about this 80s matinee idol.
- Aga’s the original dream leading Man – Before Piolo Pascual and John Lloyd Cruz, Aga was the bankable leading man whom any actress desire to work with. Besides the veterans and his contemporaries, he did movies with hot actress of their generations like Joyce Jimenez (Narinig Mo Na Ba Ang La8st), Claudine Barretto (Kailangan Kita and Dubai), Kristine Hermosa (All My Life), Angelica Panganiban (A Love Story), Anne Curtis (When Love Begins), and Angel Locsin (In the Name of Love).
- Aga often fell in love with his leading ladies – The mother of his firstborn son is Janice de Belen, his first perennial on screen partner. Then he also had relationships with Aiko Melendez (where he worked with May Nagmamahal), and Dayanara Torres (Basta’t Kasama Kita). There were rumors that he also courted Kris Aquino (Bahala Ka Mayor and Bakit Pa Kita Minahal), and Mikee Cojuagco (Forever). Meanwhile, Pop Fernandez was allegedly his first love.
- Aga doesn’t like to do teleserye?– Compare to his contemporaries such as Gabby Concepcion and Richard Gomez, Aga is the only one who still don’t have drama series on TV or he preferred to do sitcoms and travel shows. Aga top billed sitcom programs like Oki Doki Dok, Ok Fine Whatever, a Body en da Guard , and That’s My Doc. When he transferred in TV 5 he did travel show Pinoy Explorer and game show Let’s Ask Pilipinas.
- Aga’s nickname is from an animal word – Aga’s real name is Ariel Muhlach and if you think his nickname means early, you are wrong. In an interview with his Dad Cheng Muhlach, he revealed that when he was a kid he looked and acted like a mouse. As grew older, people would always remember his boyish charm and dimples.
- Aga didn’t court his wife Charlene Gonzales – The former Crush ng Bayan and considered eligible bachelor of his time married the 1994 Binibining Pilipinas Universe Charlene Gonzales in a grand wedding ceremony in May 28, 2001. Charlene was exceptional among Aga’s love interest because she was never become his leading lady and never become his girlfriend prior to their short engagement. The daughter of the late veteran actor Bernard Bonnin (known in his Palos movie) work with him in Oki Doki Dok, where he was paired with Agot Isidro.