Irene Tria | Gogagah
From the 1968’s Night of the Living Dead to 2010’s The Walking Dead, call it weird but I have this fascination about human corpse, the undead, walkers…zombies! I don’t know but I have this wild imagination of having a farmyard full of zombies where I am allowed to kill them using declassified sniper rifles without them getting near me.
Just like in the movie Zombieland. Plot happened in the amusement park when virus turned most people into zombies, the world’s surviving humans remain locked in an ongoing battle against the hungry undead.
So yeah I’m a certified zombie movies fanatic.
Train to Busan is South Korea’s 2016 thriller movie about zombie outbreak. The story happened on daybreak while aboard the KTX (South Korea’s bullet train) and passengers were trapped while the virus infection spreads rapidly.
Giving you the creeps already?
When I first heard about the movie, I immediately had this excitement and expectations in mind. I didn’t even research; I just went straight to the movie house and got myself a ticket. To my surprise, the line is already long. And I said to myself, really, movie houses are seat reservation so why fall in line?
Now let me give you 5 reasons why you should watch Train to Busan on the big screen.
- Because of the story – since I’m a zombieholic, I would know when it’s just a typical zombie film or not. I’ve seen almost every zombie flicks in town. And yes Train to Busan gave me a different perspective with zombies.
- Continuity – I am very meticulous when it comes to scene continuity. Well some of the zombie movies that I’ve seen lack continuity especially during the outbreak. Example, the character has been fighting against the zombies but still has full makeup. That’s absurd!
- It will make you feel like you’re also one of the passengers – literally,while the characters run and fight for their lives, you will also feel the same way. Why? Because the movie will enable the audience to make a connection with each character in the story.
- It will drive you nuts – yes Train to Busan will make you laugh and cry at the same time while shrieking and screaming to death. Crazy isn’t? The movie brings balance between fears and feels giving the audience a break between scream-inducing scenes to comical to emotional.
- STOP PIRACY – really, let’s pay all the actors, crews, writers, director… the whole production respect for their hard work. Creating a new-age of zombie movie is really challenging. Train to Busan is not a just just, so so movie. Definitely they will feed you with what you want to see, feel and expect.